Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fanboy Contra Fanboy: The Genius of Edgar Wright

Managed to get this done just before leaving for Toronto. I loved The World's End as I have loved all of Edgar Wright's work, as ever for its critique of fan culture as its embrace of that culture's irascible childishness. Writing about the director's latest thus necessitated an overview of his entire career, which I find to be a subversive comment on everything the filmmaker holds dear. To call The World's End (or any of the others) "mature" is to miss the more complex relationship with nerdiness that Wright explores, and that he explores it with such exciting, seemingly forgotten mainstream chops only makes him more engaging.

My full piece is up at Movie Mezzanine.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice Post!
    I was looking for the best movies and reached o this page. This list is very helpful to find amazing films. But I think you should also share Ullu web series that are trending. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing post with us for free. I would like to visit this page again and share it with my friends.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete