Monday, April 8, 2013

Blu-Ray Review: The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp

I wrote about Criterion's Blu-Ray of The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp at Movie Mezzanine. It is hands down one of Criterion's best, featuring a breathtaking restoration that eclipses even the work done on the more boldly colored Archers films in the collection, while the extras are not as numerous as some packages but stuff each documentary or interview full of information. Scorsese dominates, of course, but editor Thelma Schoonmaker may beat him for direct eloquence in voicing the personal attachment this unorthodox epic inspires. Hell, even the damn cover is dynamite.

My full review of the disc is up now at Movie Mezzanine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this blog is very interesting and elegant, I love to read this. Thanks for sharing this to us, I definitely shared this to my friends.

    buy youtube views

    ReplyDelete